The baby's here! Now what? Here's ten postpartum tips for the brand new mom to help her cope with the changes she's experiencing.
Here are the 10 tips for those who prefer to read:
1. If you tore during the birth, learn how to pee without that burning sensation.
2. Don’t try Elimination Communication until you get the hang of things.
3. Whether or not you did the birth “all natural” or with assistance, you still need to take recovery seriously.
4. Don’t get overtired.
5. Eat nutritious and comforting foods.
6. Try not to stress about all the things you “don’t but should know” about taking care of a baby.
7. Learn how to breastfeed or manage bottle feeding BEFORE you try to multitask while doing so.
8. Realize you may be sitting on your butt more than you’d like (to breastfeed, from soreness/surgery or just because you want to!). Be okay with it!
9. Let your husband/partner/older children help you when they get home from work/school. You need a break!
10. Turn off your emails and try to take a break from work and the online world if you can