It’s that time of the year when we talk about New Year’s Resolutions. Today we talk about five things to consider when you’re setting your New Year’s Resolutions this year.
Here’s the transcript if you prefer:
It’s that time of year. Everyone’s talking about making New Year’s Resolutions. Whether it’s losing weight (I’ve got a lot to do in that department after baby’s arrival) or creating new healthy habits or starting a business…we all are thinking about something we want to change this year.
1. Make a resolution this year! Why do we make them? We feel like there’s something we need to change in our lives.
2. Decide what resolution(s) to make. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think about changing something in your life? That’s probably the most pressing issue for you to address right now.
3. Avoid overwhelm with resolutions. Don’t make too many. Keep them short and sweet.
4. Follow through all-year long, but do allow for life changes. Sometimes, your goals might shift. Be open to the idea of tweaking resolutions, as needed.
5. Whether or not you reach that New Year’s Resolution, give yourself credit for how much progress you made. Goals were not necessarily created to be reached, but they do inspire us to improve. Stay focused on improvement, even if you do not reach achievement.
Here are my three main resolutions for 2014:
- Make my family (and new daughter) my #1 priority.
- Create my first product for the Mindi Zone community.
- Align my lifestyle with my values.
Your Turn: Are you making resolutions this year? If so, care to share what they are?