Memorial Day has always been a time of reflection for me. Today, I’ll be in my fifth wheel spending time with my family up in Big Bear Lake. I am grateful for all the beautiful things that have happened in my life up to this point. The choices. The changes. All of it.
Today, I’d like to list seven things for which I am grateful this year.
1. It’s Memorial Day, so I am grateful to live in the amazing country of the United States. The opportunities and freedoms here are unparalleled.
2. My husband and best friend, Jason Rosser. We’ve been together more than two years, and there have been very few dull moments. He’s my buddy, my lover and my most avid supporter.
3. My 11-year-old step-daughter, Lola Rosser. She has an amazing personality and knows just how to deal with her kookie introverted “smom.” J
4. My 4-month-old daughter, Mikayla. She was an unexpected surprise and has revolutionized my life. Because of her, I have rediscovered my values and my priorities in life. The Mindi Zone Project exists because of her, because I want to create a legacy for her.
5. My counterculture lifestyle. Not many people choose to have the flexibility that I currently have to work from anywhere and live anywhere. It’s mostly by design, but also has a dash of luck.
6. Making a living doing what I love. Some people work to live, but I do live to work. It’s one of the aspects of my life that I love most. Call me a work-a-holic, but there’s something to be said for loving what you do.
7. Being in good health, being fit and feeling well. It’s a core component to my counterculture lifestyle, and I make a considerable effort to maximize my health. Part of being a biohacker.
After making that list, I found myself wanting to write more. Gratitude begets more gratitude.
Your Turn: What are you grateful for this Memorial Day?