Why You Should Verify Your Twitter Account Now
Have you ever come across a celebrity's Twitter handle with the coveted checkmark? Most Twitter users associate the Twitter verification checkmark with VIPs, CEOs and celebrities. According to PRNewswire, anyone can now apply to get their account verified.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
Getting Twitter verification might be a growth hack to take advantage of—right now. I’m sure the novelty won’t last, but it’s worth doing if you want to secure your name and domain, while also looking like a subject matter expert on Twitter. Most Twitter users will mentally associate the “checkmark” with an expert, celebrity or thought leader...for at least the next several weeks.
Who knows? Maybe everyone won't find out about this Twitter tip or rush over to get verified.
Don't be one of "the everyones."
Be that one business leader or expert, who cares about their personal brand and increasing their visibility. Get the trust of your followers and potential prospects.
Go get verified...now!
[Tweet "Did you know? You can now apply to become a #TwitterVerified account—how to do it in 10 minutes!"]
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY IN TEN MINUTES, OR LESS.
1. Log into your Twitter account.
2. Be sure you have all of this information completed on your Twitter profile. [Note: The one section you may not have completed for a personal account is your birthday. Here's how to enter your birthday on your Twitter profile before you proceed.]
3. Head over to verification.twitter.com.
4. Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
5. Click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
6. Add two to five links to let them know "it's really you" asking for verification. [Note: I would choose other social media sites, your website and credible websites that are linked to you or your company.]
7. Write up to 500 characters to explain why you'd like your account to be verified. [Note: Choose your characters carefully and do make a good case for why Twitter should verify your account.]
8. Now, sit back and wait for Twitter to get back to you with their response.